Acupressure For Asthma
Choose the following acupressure for Asthma and massage once a day:
(1) Use one thumb to gently press and knead the point on the pad of the thumb two finger-widths from the wrist, on the borderline between the dark and light skin, until you have a sensation of soreness and distention (Lu10). Change hands to do other side.
(2) Use your middle finger to gently press the dip between the collarbones above the breastbone for two minutes (Cv22). Meanwhile, use another middle finger to gently press the point right in the middle of the nipples for men, and between fourth and fifth ribs on the midline for women (Cv17).
(3) Use your middle fingers to gently press and knead the points on either side of the big bone at the base of the neck on the back for two minutes (Asthma point).
(4) If you have a lot of phlegm, gently press and knead the point on the outside edge of the leg bone, halfway between the tip of the anklebone and the middle of the knee- cap for one minute (St40).
(5) If you feel suffocated and short of breath, gently press the point right in the middle between the nipples for men, and between fourth and fifth ribs on the midline for women (Cv17). Do this for one minute.
(6) With your thumb against the index finger, use your other thumb to gently press the webbing where it bulges up the highest for one minute (Li4).
(7) Gently press the point located two finger-widths up from the wrist crease, on the inside of the forearm, in line with the thumb for one minute (Lu7).
(8) Use your thumb and fingers to gently, rhythmically, slowly grasp and release the front muscles of the neck along the trachea for one minute.
Return from Acupressure For Asthma to List of Acupressure Techniques