Simple Acupressure For Bed Wetting
Try any of the following acupressure for bed wetting and massage once a day. In some casees, if you can't do it yourself, ask a family member to help you and tell him or her to be gentle. Do not massage for an acute case:
(1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Put your hands on your back. Use your palms, or the heel of the palms to scrub up and down from your wasist to sacrum 100 times.
(2) Use your thumb and other fingers to gently grasp the muscles right below your child's bellybutton 10 times. Use your palm to gently rub counterclockwise around his or her belly button until he or she feels warm.
(3) Use your thumb to gently press and knead the points a little higher than the waist, two finger-widths on either side of the spine for one minute.
(4) You can do the following hand massage for your child:
- Using the palm surface of your thumb, gently push along the outside edge of the child's thumb from the tip to the root of the thumb. Repeat 100 times.
- Using the palm surface of your thumb, gently push the palm surface of the child's ring finger from the tip to the transverse (palm root) crease of that ring finger. Repeat 100 times.
- Using the palm surface of your thumb, gently push the palm surface of the child's little finger from the palm root to the tip of that little finger. Repeat 100 times.
Return from Acupressure for Bed Wetting to List of Acupressure Techniques