Acupressure For Bronchitis
There are a few techniques of Acupressure for Bronchitis which you can choose from.
Choose one according to your types and and massage once a day.
The different types of bronchitis
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the airways of the lungs. The symptoms are severe cough with green or yellow phlegm, shortness of breath, and wheezing.
Bronchitis is mainly caused by viral or bacterial infection.
In Chinese medicine there are three types of bronchitis:
- Cold Type: Coughs after you are getting cold, plenty of phlegm, thin and white; running nose, and aversion to cold.
- Heat Type: Coughs that are frequently and severe, thick and yellow phlegm, shortness of breath or wheezing, and thirst.
- Dry Type: Dry cough, no phlegm (or very hard to cough up), and dry sore throat and mouth.
The techniques of acupressure for Bronchitis
(1) Use the tips of the index, middle, and ring fingers of both hands to scrub up and down the center of the breastbone for one minute. Gently press and knead the breastbone from the top to the bottom for one minute.
(2) Gently press and knead the point right in the middle between the nipples for men, and between fourth and fifth ribs on the midline for women (Cv17). Do this for one minute.
(3) Gently press the point located at the depression right above the top of the breastbone for one minute (Cv22). Use your fingers to gently squeeze the skin and muscles from this point up to the Adam's apple 20 times.
(4) With your thumb against the index finger, use your other thumb to gently press the webbing where it bulges up the highest for one minute (Li4).
(5) Gently press the point located two finger-widths up from the wrist crease, on the inside of the forearm, in line with the thumb, for one minute (Lu7).
(6) Gently press the point on the outside edge of the leg bone halfway between the tip of the anklebone and the middle of the kneecap for one minute (St40).
(7) Gently press the point four finger-widths up from the inside anklebone, right behind the leg bone for one minute (Sp6).
Return from Acupressure For Bronchitis to List of Acupressure Techniques