Acupressure for Chronic Back Pain
For some of these acupressure for chronic back pain, if you can't do it yourself, ask a family member to help you and tell him or her to be gentle.
For an acute case, do not massage. (Relieve neck and back strain)
(1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Put your hands on your back. Use your palms, or the heel of the palms to scrub up and down from your waist to sacrum 100 times.
(2) Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Place your hands on your back just below your waist. Your thumbs are right on two acupressure points, which are called "Back Eyes." Gently press these two points. Meanwhile slowly rotate your body forward, backward, left, and right. Make loose fists and gently tap against this point for one minute.
(3) Find the most painful spot. Gently tap against the painful spot 30 times. Gently knead for one minute.
(4) Use your thumb to gently press and knead the point that is a little higher than the waist, two finger-widths on both sides of the spine for one minute (B123).
(5) Lie down on your stomach. Ask a family member to use the thumb to gently press the point in the middle of the crease on the back of the knee for one minute (B140).
(6) Gently press and knead the point in the depression underneath the large muscle, about halfway between the knee crease and the heel for one minute (Bl57).
(7) Use your thumb and index finger to pinch the dent behind the anklebone on both side, of the foot 10 times (B160, Ki3).
(8) Use your thumb to gently press and knead the point at the back of your hand, two finger-widths from the wrist crease. One is between the ring and middle fingers. Another is between the index and middle fingers ("Back Pain Point"). Do it for one minute.
Besides the acupressure for chronic back pain, you should avoid any activities that use the painful spot too much.
To learn more more about Back Pain and Treatments, check this out at Cure for Back Pain - a quality site with honest and easy to understand information written by a back pain sufferer.
Looking for info on "Back Pain"
Try using seach.
For example, enter “Back Pain” to search for related information
Move to the Top of This Page
Return from Acupressure for Chronic Back Pain to List of Acupressure Techniques