Acupressure For Chronic Headaches
Perform the acupressure for chronic headaches to help relieve the headaches:
(1) Comb your hair and scalp with your fingertips. Brush your hair gently from the forehead to the back of the neck. Brush your hair gently from the top to both sides of the head. Apply pressure gradually from light to slightly heavy, until your scalp becomes warm.
(2) Gently press and knead the point in the depression at the bottom of the skull, outside of the two big muscles on the neck, which you can feel by bending down your neck
(3) Use the outer edge of your little finger to knock every joint between adjacent fingers of other hand. Change
hands to do the other side.
(4) For pain in the side of the head, add the following:
- Use the pad of your thumb to gently press, wipe, and knead both temples. Push toward to the area above your ears (Gb8).
- Gently press and knead the point between the ring and little fingers in the depression right below the two knuckles on the back of the hand (Te3).
(5) For pain in front of the head, add the following acupressure for chronic headaches:
- Gently press and knead the depression on the beginning of the eyebrow (Bl2).
- With your thumb against the index finger, use your other hand to pinch and gently press the webbing where it bulges up the highest (Li4).
(6) For pain in back of the head, add the following acupressure for chronic headaches:
- Gently press and knead the point on the nape of the neck, just inside the hairline, two finger-widths on either side of the spine in the depression on the side of the large neck muscle (BIlO).
- Make a slight fist. Gently press and knead the point on the side of your hand, just below the little finger joint at the end of the crease (Si3).
(7) For pain on the top of the head, add the following acupressure for chronic headaches:
- Gently knead the point located at the center of the top of the head on the line connecting the two tips of your ears (Gv20).
- Gently press and knead the point located between the big toe and the second toe, two finger-widths up from the joint between the toes on the foot (Liv3).
Return from Acupressure For Chronic Headaches to List of Acupressure Techniques